Drama fashion: Yoo Jin Woo in Memories of the Alhambra

By Renata - января 19, 2019


I have been thinking about starting this rubric for a long time and, honestly, I was planning to start with one of my favourite dramas. But I spontaneously wrote a lot of small notes about style in Memories of the Alhambra drama on my telegram channel in Russian. Then I thought why not translate it for my fellow kdrama fans in English and put all these small pieces together into a short and to the point article. So, let's start
Like many kdrama watchers, I'm going through a kdrama slump. The only thing that keeps me in my kdrama watching shape is Memories of the Alhambra. Despite all the flaws and weak sides of the drama written by the author of thrilling W, I find this drama quite captivating. And, of course, between intense action scenes, I find time to appreciate fashion in this drama. That's what I want to talk about.
Yoo Jin Woo's style - that's what really caught my attention. The typical minimalistic style of a CEO: muted colours, simple cuts, the prevalence of khaki, ochre, beige and blue colours. It really fits a collected, calm, dedicated and bit cold, but selfless rich tech engineer - nothing redundant. Neat and casual looks highlight Jin Woo's reasonableness, his down to earth, intelligent nature. Although the looks are quite simple, they somehow manage not to look boring. Maybe it's Hyun Bin's doing or it is just my enormous love for minimalistic Korean style talking.

And now a couple of looks from the second part of the drama.

Jin Woo travels to Granada, once again because of a quest, in a khaki ensemble: parka and shirt. I feel like the colour choice is not random. In one of the episodes, Jin Woo compares himself to a miserable defeated soldier. He's literally in a war, at risk of being killed, especially in Granada which is filled with NPCs who are basically hunting him. A militaristic pallet reflects the new status of the former successful CEO.


This how a date outfit looks when you're about to have a mental breakdown and have spent the whole day consuming alcohol - bonus for the attempt. Even though it's awfully simple, its domestic vibes are making it nice looking and appropriate.
Are you really a Korean wealthy and stylish CEO if you don't own a baggy beige trench coat? I doubt it. It's a huge Korean trend, so no wonder that even a man who's indifferent towards trends has one.

 Another interesting detail: when Jin Woo got removed from his CEO position his looks became more casual and less formal, he moved from suits to long-sleeve shirts and jeans combinations.
Last but not least. Black pants, long sleeve shirt, chelsea boots and the cherry on top - suede bomber. Simple, yet again not plain at all. This casual look proves that it's easy to look stylish without trying too hard or being extravagant. Balanced look with clothes that fit - that's the key to the success.


There are only two episodes left, so let's hope that Jin Woo will stay safe and sound and stylish.

Русскоязычная версия поста в моем телеграм-канале

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 коммент.

Thank you for all your comments!